Anxiety Cures: Foods and Drinks
Prescription drugs are the usual ways adults deal with anxiety disorders. The issue with anti-anxiety medication is that they don’t really solve the real problem, but only provide symptomatic relief. Anxiety sufferers who have been prescribed drugs often find a dislike for them. The reason is because people who have been taking anti-anxiety medication suffer also from their side effects, not to mention the thought that they are not really getting any better.
There are, however, alternatives to drugs in dealing with anxiety disorders. Getting relief from anxiety is often a matter of eating the proper foods.
1) Chamomile tea is a good drink to have if you feel too stressed. This tea helps you relax your body and ease your mind. This tea can help you sleep if you have trouble sleeping at night. Your mental state will be eased by the natural sedative properties of this tea.
2) A natural substance found in turkey, called Tryptophan, makes you feel relaxed after eating. Tryptophan is a precursor to serotonin which is related to the cure of many anxiety disorders. In food, tryptophan is known to help relieve stress.
3) Another food that can enhance your mental and psychological well-being is avocado. They are a natural source of potassium, an element that helps lower blood pressure. Potassium keeps your heart on a steady beat, lowering the likelihood of a heart attack.
4) Green leafy vegetables mixed with hemp oil is good for your brain. They are anxiety busters. A crucial player in brain-adrenal axis balance is magnesium, which is found in green leafy vegetables.
5) A natural way to keep you calm is by eating dark chocolate. It’s because it has loads of cocoa that contain stress relievers.
6) Turmeric aids in reducing the incidence of anxiety and stress. Among its health benefits turmeric can help in digestion, healing, and reducing joint inflammations.
7) Folic acid is a substance that helps in managing anxiety. Asparagus contains folic acid, a chemical responsible for improving the health of your brain’s neurotransmitters. When the level of folic acid in your body goes down, your brain’s neurotransmitters will be impaired, this causes anxiety and stress.
8) Liver and other organ meats are a good source of vitamin B. Your body needs vitamin B to synthesize serotonin.
9) Your brain needs zinc to stay healthy, and oysters contain a lot of zinc. Anxiety disorder is caused by a deficiency in zinc.
10) Your gut needs to be healthy for your brain to be healthy. Probiotics, such as kefir can help keep the balance of bacteria in your stomach.